Saturday, May 16, 2015

Mothers Day at The Beach



Jason and I celebrated the Mothers Day at my parents house. We bought some seafood at the wet market and headed to the beach. The sun was about to set when we arrived, and the wind was blowing so we collected dry twigs and coconut shells  and made a bonfire to keep us warm. I felt re-energized by the sound of the waves and the fresh air. Life in the rural area is indeed different and in the best way.

After awhile, we saw kids playing and laughing around us so we decided to let them join us. We played and laughed together and I realized how much time has passed so fast. I envy the freedom of these kids in front of me, I said to myself. They smile as if they don't have any problem in their lives. It was very calming to see. Jason and I left the beach smiling.

It was almost dinner time when we got home so we grilled the sea foods and invited Mama's friends to have a dinner with us. They talked about their funny memories and laughed so hard. We didn't even notice that it was already 12 midnight and they were still laughing loudly.  It was really their day. What a big Mothers Day celebration we had.


 


Pictures were taken at Guimbal, Iloilo on May 10, 2015.

all the contents are Donna's collection of memories. Do not reproduce without the owner's consent.

No comments:

Post a Comment